Turnitin at Penn State
Turnitin is a web-based writing assessment toolkit which allows instructors to provide feedback to students through markup tools, rubrics, proofing tools and originality reports to detect plagiarism. Turnitin also provides peer review options.
It is highly recommended that instructors create Turnitin Feedback Studio assignments from within Canvas to prevent errors in synchronization. Accessing Turnitin Feedback Studio within Canvas provides instructors with the following enhanced functionality:
- It will bypass the need to go through the account activation process.
- Instructors will not need to provide access codes to students.
- Students will be automatically given access to the Instructors assignments.
- Grades from Turnitin Feedback Studio assignments can be posted directly to the gradebook.
- Courses can have multiple instructors/TA’s in one section.
The following login button and links are provided for those instructors still using the older, web-based version of Turnititn. They are not needed if you are using the Canvas integration.