Instructors reviewing rough drafts may want to see an Originality Report, but will not want to trigger a false positive for final drafts. In this scenario, it is recommended to use the Originality Report, but not store the paper in a repository.
Set Options to “No Repository”
- When creating or editing an assignment, click the link for Optional Settings.
- In the Submit papers to: menu, select the no repository option.
- Check “Would you like to save the options as your defaults for future assignments” as approriate.
- Click the Submit button to save the settings.
This option exists for any assignment, including final assignments. Some instructors may choose this due to copyright issues.
However, this will make the assignment unavailable for scanning by future instructors. It is important to note that these papers are not available for general search and review – the situations in which an instructor can view papers in another course are very limited.
Students do retain copyright over all works submitted to Turntin.
If reports do include rough drafts, you can use the Exclude Sources button to screen out those results. Learn how on the Originality Reports Sources page.
Delete Student Submissions
Instructors can delete submissions by doing the following:
- Check the box next to the submission. This will cause a yellow box to appear at the top of the list of papers.
- Click the Delete link inside the yellow box.
If a students requests a complete deletion of his or her paper from the archive, instructors can submit a request through the IT Service Desk.